The
TW Team (Tech Writing) is responsible for creating and
maintaining what the company calls "
deliverables." These are the documents that go out to the customer to show what the project has accomplished over a certain period of time or relating to a certain topic. In my time with Northrop I have worked on several
deliverables and forms of documentation. Each is handled in a different way.
- Weekly Status Report (WSR)
- Interim Project Report (IPR)
- Trends and Performance Report
- Detailed Design Document (DDD)
- Style Guide
- Project Management Plan (PMP)
I have been exploring Microsoft 2007 in an effort to regain my quick formatting skills. Because some of these documents are delivered on a regular basis the only work they need is insertion into a template, some quick formatting and a read through for errors. Others need created from scratch, which require not only online research (both Inter- and Intra- net) but research with members of the company.
I take heavy advantage of Microsoft Word and Powerpoint as well as my office email, Outlook in order to work on documents. I've found different approaches work for different types of documents. In further posts I will detail the steps I use in the above documents.
No comments:
Post a Comment