I'm working full-time. I am exposed to and a part of a real corporate culture. At the end of the day I'm tired and I have dealt with difficult people, slow computers, a freezing office building, tons of paper and lots of coffee just like the rest of the world.
My first two weeks on the job I did a lot of exploring my computers. I was trying to learn how things worked at the company. Whitney, my team lead, gave me a few background documents on the project as well as an overview of the documentation process and the Project Management Plan so that I could begin to familiarize myself with what was going on.
Essentially I work on a Production Delivery team. This consists of Technical Writers/Editors, Quality Assurance and Configuration Management. These people are in charge of creating, maintaining, verifying and validating all deliverables to the customer. Deliverables are the documents showing work that has been done of the project. On average there are five deliverables that go out each week. Some deliverables require a few simple changes, such as the date and a logo while others require entire sections reworked and new information added.
Never in my life have I been so thankful for my ability to sit quietly and read long (and sometimes boring) texts and be able to pick out important information! I am going through an adjustment and learning period, trying to move quickly through background materials and get a feel for things so I can be a more competent employee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment